Published on Pumped Audio 12/08/2013:
Digitally Enhanced Volume Six is a celebratory album which showcases a variety of styles from Enhanced Recordings, ranging from Progressive House to Uplifting Trance. The album comes in two CDs, and has a total of 33 tracks.
‘Velvet’ has a bassline and melody that synchronises with wonderful vocal stutters. Each note of the melody is held in legato for intense flow. Then, one takes a sigh of relief upon arrival with ‘In Time’, which contains some invigorating Dubstep influences in the intro. ‘Take Everything’ adds an interesting dark twist into the mix, and the male vocalist makes a very memorable presence. Some awesome bass lines grind about in ‘Dam Square’ and ‘Kingpin’, followed by caffeine-charged sweeps that will energise the whole body!
The highlights of the album are three tracks with fitting titles: ‘Monday’, Move Into Light’, and Suncatcher’s remix of ‘Blood And The Wine’.
On the other hand, if you’re up for some sweet beverage with a hint of spicy cinnamon, ‘Teddybeat’ and ‘Arigatou’ would be the great chai lattes. They have melodies that will blast frustrations away as one flies past beautiful daisy meadows and cherry blossoms. They also unexpectedly drop to bass lines full of swag, so there’s a chance to fist pump like mad!
CD Two has more relaxing Progressive House sounds, which makes it great to listen to after a long day at work. This is most evident with the opening track ‘Barr’. With Indie Dance or Nu-Disco influences in the introduction, it sounds like the lightest of all tracks in the album. The bass is more subtle, and even the arrangement of sound layers or composition of melodies has a rejuvenating complexity to it.
If you think the opening wasn’t surprising enough, CD Two actually begins to have more organic themes afterwards. The melody in ‘Offshore’ sounds rather confusing at first, but it gradually has a more pleasant and crisp ring. As piano sounds fade in, the sound of waves and the chirp of a seagull are heard. Giving the instrumental and semi-natural elements of the a shining spotlight imposes an unforgettably earthy quality to the piece. Drum rolls in ‘Schnitzel” are accompanied by synthesised effects that seem to form the commas in its musical sentence, and a trembling melody ties all the twinkles together.
The highlights of the album are three tracks with fitting titles: ‘Monday’, Move Into Light’, and Suncatcher’s remix of ‘Blood And The Wine’. There’s just something about the digital piano melody in ‘Monday’ that sounds so hypnotic and calming. Some of the notes get turned into a bass line layer, which somehow slows things down to a chilled vibe. Love the way it pounds in the background as the kicks do their thing! ‘Move Into Light’ gives an extremely energetic hit before it gets to that breakdown and climax – Bright and merry like a sunny morning. Finally, Suncatcher’s remix of ‘Blood And The Wine’ applies a balanced mastering technique, allowing every layer to blend harmoniously.
Enhanced Music attempts to paint a colourful spectrum in this album, but its forte still lies in the Trance side of things. There’s definitely room for improvement when it comes to organising the flow from theme to theme.
Digitally Enhanced Volume Six is now available on all major music retailers.
(* – mentioned)
1. Johan Vilborg – Expressions (Original Mix)
* 2. Estiva & Johan Vilborg – Mondays (Original Mix)
* 3. Juventa feat. Erica Curran – Move Into Light (Original Mix)
* 4. Nic Toms – Velvet (Original Mix)
* 5. AWD – In Time (Original Mix)
6. Vitodito & Daga – What We Did (Original Mix)
* 7. Timur Shafiev – Take Everything (Original Mix)
8. Jan Martin feat. Hysteria! – There’s You (LTN Remix)
9. Thomas Hayes – Release (Original Mix)
10. Alex Larichev – Smile Me (Original Mix)
11. Adam Szabo & Johan Vilborg – Two To One (Original Mix)
* 12. Jaco – Dam Square (Original Mix)
13. jjoo – Bittersweet (Original Mix)
* 14. Karanda – Kingpin (Original Mix)
* 15. Estiva – Teddybeat (Original Mix)
* 16. Daniel Kandi & Jack Rowan – Arigatou (Original Mix)
17. Tritonal feat. Underdown – Bullet That Saved Me (Festival Mix)
18. Estiva – Dinodrums (Original Mix)
* 1. Matt Fax – Barr (Digitally Enhanced Intro Mix)
2. Juventa – The Strip (Original Mix)
* 3. Speed Limits – Offshore (Original Mix)
4. Mehrad feat. Kelly Siew – Lonely (Sebastian Weikum Remix)
5. Ost & Meyer – Gandhi (Original Mix)
6. Aruna – Reason To Believe (Steve Kaetzel Original Mix)
7. 7 Skies -Vice (Original Mix)
* 8. Store N Forward – Schnitzel (Original Mix)
9. Eco & Carly Burns – Hurt (Extended Vocal Mix)
10. Cardinal feat. Arielle Maren – Stronger (Original Mix)
11. Max Braiman & Dan Stone – Submerge (Original Mix)
12. Temple One – Illusions (Original Mix)
* 13. Steve Brian pres. Agulo feat. David Berkeley – Blood And The Wine (Suncatcher Remix)
14. JayB – Pegasus (Daniel Kandi Remix)
15. Suncatcher & Falcon – Hashtable (Original Mix)